[Imc-uk-process] Re: [imc-uk-tech] More libelous comments? Newswire is hot today!

Salim Fadhley sal at deskforce.ltd.uk
Tue Feb 21 03:54:05 PST 2006

I'm not suggesting we do anything about this post. I totally agree that we
(technical / mirror ops) people shouldnt get involved with operational
editorial matters, however I am just trying to highlight a problem.

I also subscribe to the principle that nothing should be censored (at
least not by us) until a formal complaint, stating spesifically the
grounds of the error and some kind of requested action is received.... in
this case we have neither so are justified in letting it pass.

I dont know if the Levellers read indymedia or take cocaine, I was just
highlighting it as an example of the way we let ourselves down. Newswire
is being somewhat abused on a daily basis. There is good important stuff
on newswire... however it gets let down by the occasional wonky post.

:-)

<quote who="GarconDuMonde">