[Imc-uk-process] New Crabgrass UK Network

freethepeeps at riseup.net freethepeeps at riseup.net
Thu Jul 30 04:54:15 PDT 2009

Jimdog wrote:

> I know there is currently a UK group that is used for feature writing,
> but maybe that group could change it's purpose to being just that thus
> avoiding the confusion it has created in "who can join this group".
> Therefore membership of the UK network is through your local IMC being
> an affiliated group so power over membership is in the hands of the
> individual IMC's not the UK as a whole.

I'm a wee bit confused. Crabgrass, as I understand it, was used
temporaraily while the lists were down. Features are organised through the
features list
(http://lists.indymedia.org/mailman/listinfo/imc-uk-features) and I think
there would need to be a proposal if the intention is to restrict
membership of that list.

As to 'power over membership' - what exactly does this mean?

ftp