[Imc-uk-process] [Imc-uk-network] New Crabgrass UK Network

Garcon du Monde gdm at fifthhorseman.net
Thu Jul 30 08:46:46 PDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 01:16:14PM +0100, Mike D wrote:
> I am not necessarily averse to there being a UK network on crabgrass
> but I think you should outline the benefits, i.e. what it can be
> used for and how it can help people. I am not sure what these
> benefits might be yet. You should also have proposed this to the
> list to get consensus on this first before actually going ahead and
> doing it.

i agree with mike that it would be useful to outline the benefits. i
disagree wholeheartedly that this needed to be proposed first - for
what? so we can argue about the name? fail to reach consensus and
therefore stop another good bit of work in its tracks? part of the
adventure and fun about being involved in this network is that people
keep on going off and doing amazing and great things: they have a
spark of creativity. of course, not all of them work out, but as long
as they're good, we should at least give them an opportunity....

solidarity,

	--gdm