[Imc-uk-process] Fwd: Re: Northern was never blocked, was: Re: Indymedia is not a label

protag protag at aktivix.org
Mon Apr 25 13:17:05 PDT 2011

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Imc-uk-process] Northern was never blocked, was: Re:
Indymedia is not a label
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 20:16:27 +0000
From: protag <protag at aktivix.org>
To: anargeek <chris at anargeek.net>

Technically you're right Chris.

Practically you're wrong. I think you were asked about three times in
Bristol 2011 Uk meeting whether you were blocking the proposal. Eventually
you said you were just "raising concerns".

Well, the effect of raising those concerns the previous year on the New
IMC list was to bring our application to a grinding halt, just ahead of
our
launch date.

http://lists.indymedia.org/pipermail/new-imc/2009-June/0622-x9.html

What happened then was, instead of going into a frenzy of finger-pointing,
we just got on with some media activism, outreach, that kinda stuff, like
we would have done anyhow, to give anyone who had any doubts the
opportunity to judge us by our actions, rather than on the basis of torrid
emails and lone-gun wiki-ramblings.

And that's an approach I'd recommend to any potential IMC running into
tough questions on the New IMC list.

Cheers

Protag

https://docs.indymedia.org/Local/ImcUkSheffieldNorthern#New_IMC_Application