[imc-uk-tech] [Imc-uk-features] Ticker display on the front page

Chris chris at aktivix.org
Mon Sep 17 03:51:03 PDT 2007

Hi

On Sat 15-Sep-2007 at 10:43:08AM +0100, WietsE wrote:
> Chris wrote:
> >
> >   http://uk.mir.dnsalias.net/en/
> >
> > What do people think?
>
> I think its really nice, well done for sorting it out.
> It would be cool to get it working with html, but I
> guess this will be your aim anyway.

Yeah, I'm not sure what this would take, I think Zapata
would need to write some code to escape HTML for use in
JavaScript...

> Secondly I was wondering if it is possible to create a
> ticker for region/topic pages, without it showing on the
> uk startpage. As far as I understand it is only possible
> to have 1 ticker at any given time, and only for the uk
> startpage. Any possibilities here?

Yes, I think so, this is how I'd like to see it work:

1. All ticker items can have one or more topic (Region /
   Topic / Action Topic).

2. /en/ticker/ displays all latest ticker items regardless
   of topic, latest at the top.

3. Ticker entries are archived by topic, eg on pages such
   as: /en/region/blah/ticker.html and
   /en/topic/blah/ticker.html

4. Ticker item(s) should display on the front page and
   topic pages if they are less than 24 hours old, if
   there are no items less than 24 hours old no ticker is
   shown. The front page would show all ticker items
   regardless of topic, perhaps each ticker entry should
   have the topic name as a link to the ticker archive for
   that topic next to the date.

Zapata: does this sound possible, can we try to get this
implemented one evening...?

Chris

--
Aktivix -- Free Software for a Free World