[Imc-unity] Getting back to task

lesmarquis lesmarquis@ziplip.com
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 12:38:47 -0800 (PST)

Now that there seems to be a group of people talking (somewhat) on this list again, let's get back to work shall we? The next Principle we had difficulty with was open -source publishing, which because of technical issues that always get thrown around, I am never quite clear on, so let's skip to #6 for now. At present it reads:

6. All IMC's recognize the importance of process to social change and are
committed to the development of non-hierarchical and anti-authoritarian
relationships, from interpersonal relationships to group dynamics.
Therefore, shall organize themselves collectively and be committed to the
principle of consensus decision making and the development of a [direct,
participatory democratic process] that is transparent to its membership.

Change last part to read: "Therefore, all IMC's shall organize themselves collectively and be committed to the principle of consensus decision making, and develop a decision making process that is inclusive of and transparent to all members of the local IMC collective."

Based on discussion from San Francisco last May, we wanted to make sure that IMC's were collectively organized/run but not DICTATE how exactly decisions were to be made but rather state the principles along which they should be made (the process).

Well?

Cheers, Sean