[IMC-US] Fwd: Dhoruba Bin Wahad and Naji Mujahid detained at Israeli checkpoint

WBIX media training wbixclass at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 24 10:03:42 PST 2009

:

Please announce, and email the ambassador-Naji is a board member of Peoples MEDIA Center, Inc, a reporter with DCRadioCoop.org, a co-Host and co-Producer of Voices With Vision, a former correspondent with Free Speech Radio News-DC Bureau.

Ryme Katkhouda
Founding Director--Peoples MEDIA Center, Inc.
202-452-5936 wbixclass at yahoo.com

Executive Producer of "Voices With Vision", Th 11am on WPFW.org 89.3FM in DC
co-founder of the dcradiocoop.org and wbix.org
***

From: Dhoruba Bin-Wahad <dhoruba at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 12:25 AM
To: Herb Boyd <hboyd at vincyweb.com>, Listening Post Program <listeningpost at aljazeera.net>, Bob Boyle <RBoyle6416 at aol.com>, Bilal Sunni-Ali <bilalsunniali at yahoo.com>, Mark Bolden <bolden.mark at gmail.com>, Naji Mujahid <runawayblood at gmail.com>, "Amr J. Nasser" <nasser.amr at gmail.com>, KHULOD NIJEM <khulodn at hotmail.com>
Cc: Ashanti Omowali <anarchistpanther at hotmail.com>, Anne Paulette <nycjericho at riseup.net>, ktoure at verizon.net, Kolonji <defendingthepoor at yahoo.com>, kazembe at gmail.com, Charlotte Kates <charlotte.kates at gmail.com>, bilal hakeem <bilalhakeem at hotmail.com>, "BASHLEFI at aol.com" <bashlefi at aol.com>, Hakan Albayrak <albayrakhakan at gmail.com>, Mehmet Lütfü ÖZDEMİR <mehmetlutfu at gmail.com>, Cleo Silvers <cleo.silvers at gmail.com>, NPNReality at aol.com, Kiilu Nyasha <kiilu2 at sbcglobal.net>, Panthershepcat at aol.com, Panama Vicente Alba <panamaalba2 at yahoo.com>, TJ ENGLISH <TENGLISH2 at nyc.rr.com>, "uhuruwhitaker at aol.com" <Uhuruwhitaker at aol.com>

Greetings:
What obviously began as racial profiling, ended up as an Israeli
attempt to conceal their treatment of Palestinian Detainees from the
African-American community.  As a former political prisoner, and
international activist concerned with human rights and civil
liberties, I along with Naji Mujahid, a DC based college student and
videographer, were invited to an international conference on Political
Detainees in the occupied Territories sponsored by the Palestinian
Authority.  Unlike most international representatives attending the
conference, who were white and could therefore avoid pre-emptive
scrutiny for entering the occupied territory, I could not (and would
not) enter a country on disingenuous grounds.  It is one thing to be
cooperative with officials while traveling, quite another to be
detained and interrogated like a common criminal about your religious
beliefs, personal associations, and family relations with no apparent
objective other than to find some excuse to ban you from entry into a
country that is under international censure for its treatment of an
entire people, the Palestinians.
When I was asked by the Political Prisoner support group Jericho to
answer the Palestinian invitation to the Conference On the Palestinian
Political Detainees in Israeli jails, I accepted.  I also was asked by
“Still Here Harlem Productions” to cover the conference because the
African-American community know very little about the middle east.
This lack of knowledge is not coincidental.  Many Black elected
officials in America have succumbed to the influence and financial
subsidies of the Israeli lobby, and are fearful for their political
careers should they oppose the racist practices of the Israeli
government toward peoples of color in general and the Palestinian
people in particular.  African-Americans have no advocates on capital
hill who will demand their fair treatment while traveling abroad,
except where the governments in question are critical of U.S. foreign
policies. For these reason I undertook the task of reporting the
Conference on Palestinian  Detainees.

--
Dhoruba DBW