[IMC-Video] [Fwd: Chilean documentary Hijos del Fuego]

a. mark liiv mark at whisperedmedia.org
Sun May 15 23:46:32 PDT 2005

--
"All empires collapse eventually: Akkad, Sumeria,
Babylonia, Ninevah, Assyria, Persia, Macedonia,
Greece, Carthage, Rome, Mali, Songhai, Mongonl,
Tokugawaw, Gupta, Khmer, Hapbsburg, Inca, Aztec,
Spanish, Dutch, Ottoman, Austrian, French,
British, Soviet, you name them, they all fell,
and most within a few hundred years. The reasons
are not really complex. An empire is a kind of
state system that inevitably makes the same
mistakes simply by the nature of its imperial
structure and inevitably fails because of its
size, complexity, territorial reach,
stratification, heterogeneity, domination,
hierarchy, and inequalities. "
-Kirkpatrick Sale

"Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul."
"Sentimento sin acción es la aniquilación del alma."
--Edward Abbey

Whispered Media
P.O. Box 40130
San Francisco, CA 94140 USA