[Imc-wales] IMC-UK Network meeting, London 17/18th May 2008

genny vg at genny.force9.co.uk
Mon Apr 28 09:27:47 PDT 2008

Hi everyone

Nothing happening on here for a while.

I've been defeated by the challenges of producing a bilingual website
interface when I don't speak Welsh and we don't have enough people who
can translate - as far as I can see.  Correct me if I'm wrong and if
there's anyone out there who can translate our static pages and who
would like to be involved in an indymedia collective moderating posts in
Welsh to check they meed editorial guidelines.

Hywel did get the first bit of the work done, but I was reluctant to ask
techies in united kollektives to put in the time to help us do all the
technical things that need doing if we don't have people to do the rest
of the translation work - and we don't seem to have got very far with
that at all.

So the way I see it is that either we have to recruit more Welsh
speaking activists who want to get actively involved with an indymedia
collective in Wales, or we have to start with an English language only
page for now (not good), or resign ourselves to not having a Wales page
on indymedia at all (which isn't good either!)

There's a united kollektives network meeting in London 17-18 May, which
I should be able to get to. I'd  be happy to go along to if there are
other Wales-based activists interested in getting this started again.
Let me know what you think.  More info about registering for the London
meeting below.

Cheers

Genny

Hello all

With only 2 weeks 'til the London network meeting we need to know who
is coming - Thanks for those that have registered so far (even if
provisional) at the moment there are 3 people coming from outside
London - with those kind of numbers we won't need to book large
spaces - so there is a deadline for registration - or comments -
before this Wednesday 30th 5pm - So we can decide at our meeting what
to do.
See below for how to register and the agenda

cheers tony

Imc-uk-network at lists.indymedia.org
Also other list of similar interest Indymedia United Kollektives process: