[imc-wellington] g8 stuff

clare at animal-liberation.org.nz clare at animal-liberation.org.nz
Fri Jul 1 04:25:17 PDT 2005

hello,

is anyone planning on writing  a G8 feature for nz indy?

i'm about to head out to the rural convergence , so can't help with that. (but
will be making reports to the newswire etc.)

but there will be indy centres in *all* the convergence spaces, including
faslane, glasgow, rural space, edinburgh, and edinbugh camping convergence.

so reports will get out pretty quick fingers crossed, people will just need to
be keeping a close eye on indymedia.org.uk.
there will also be web streaming radio, which i recommend gets hooked
up in the
the cake shop somehow so people can listen to it.

actions start today/tomorrow, but  the real kick off action will be
happening on
monday with carnival in edinbugh, and faslane blockades. shops are starting to
board up their windows. medic trainings are happening all the time, the
town is
covered in spraypaint, etc.

tonight is the opening of 'black sun over genoa', a play about happenings of
genoa, including a big focus on diaz and the torture and extreme violence used
in the IMC raid and death of carlo.

--> i think a commemoration feature is in order. i've been meeting people who
survived those attacks and it's full on to say the least - i think its
important some kind of thing is written. especially as trials are just
starting
to happen in italy against the police.

but, again, this is me suggesting  more work for others, since i can't do it
myself.

it would also be good as a promotion of the doco screening event.

i think the nzer who survived those attacks should be consulted about
this too.
(not sure if he/she wants there name mentioned on archived email, so can
someone check that out too before it happens)

ok, more news as it comes to hand

love clare

hello,

actions start tomorr