[Ircd] new ircd being tested
nenolod at sacredspiral.co.uk
Mon Jul 23 21:39:46 PDT 2007
We are testing a new ircd and services which is newer than what we are
currently running, on irc.indymedia.org port 9998. (SSL on port 9999).
If you are a member of the ircd working group, please migrate your
operator block using the instructions given below (we would have done this
for you, but the new ircd does not support the password format the old
1) Connect to the testing ircd.
2) Oper up as a temporary user so that you can generate your hash:
/oper mkpasswd mkpasswd
(to anyone on the list who is wondering, no this isn't a valid o:line
for any other purpose-- presently the ircd does not allow for mkpasswd
to be a public command.)
3) Generate your password hash: /quote mkpasswd md5 your-password-here
4) Log into che.indymedia.org.
5) Use sudoedit to edit /usr/local/ircd/bin/inspircd/conf/inspircd.conf
6) Add your operblock to the bottom of the config (around line 2013).
7) Use sudo to rehash the ircd: sudo killall -1 inspircd
8) Reconnect and oper up as normal.
Note that for improved security, SSL client certificates may be used in
the future as a credential for opering up. We will look into that once we
get more settled with the new setup and get any major problems worked out.
More information about the ircd