[mir-coders] tracking updates to the db

pietro pietro at indymedia.org
Thu Sep 8 14:41:47 PDT 2005

zapata had a better ideia of having a table with only one field to hold a
version of the db model your mir is using. i have a small patch for that.
i named the new table "db_model" and it has just one field called
"version". versions will of the form mir_version-patch_level, so the 15th
update to the db of 1.1 will leave you with version "1.1-15".

my two questions now are:

what should be the version we are running atm be called? 1.1-0, 1.1-1?

should i throw away the other patch? i like the idea of being able to
document what upgrades are doing to my db. perhaps i might try to add a
page in the admin interface where site admins can see which updates were
aplied and what each one does.

pietro.