[New-imc] arafura and darwin

Petros Evdokas petros at cyprus-org.net
Fri Sep 1 16:44:51 PDT 2006

I wanted to express my thanks to Smush for correcting some of my
assertions - please see the corrections here, and two short additional
comments below.

smush capitalism wrote:

> hello,
>
> petros, you are wrong! Arafura is NOT supporting the Melbourne IMC
> proposal! I don't know where you got this from. The Arafura collective
> passed a proposal saying
> "IMC Arafura affirms that it will not block the darwin.indymedia.org
> <http://darwin.indymedia.org> domain from being given to the collective
> currently calling itself Darwin IMC and running the website located at
> dimc.axxs.org <http://dimc.axxs.org> ."
>
> so far sydney IMC
> (http://lists.indymedia.org/pipermail/imc-process/2006-August/0831-wa.html
> <http://lists.indymedia.org/pipermail/imc-process/2006-August/0831-wa.html>)
> and IMC Oost-Vlaanderen (
> http://lists.indymedia.org/pipermail/imc-process/2006-August/0831-g1.html
> <http://lists.indymedia.org/pipermail/imc-process/2006-August/0831-g1.html>)
> are supporting the proposal. IMC perth are "discussing this issue. At
> this point we haven't made consensus. However, those who have responded
> seem to support Melbournes proposal" (
> http://lists.indymedia.org/pipermail/resolve/2006-August/0827-ay.html
> <http://lists.indymedia.org/pipermail/resolve/2006-August/0827-ay.html>).
> IMC Aotearoa is also discussing this issue and i'm sure other IMCs are too.
>
> smush - from Aotearoa IMC

In addition:

- thanks to Tirin/Takver for also making corrections and some additional
concerns to take into account:
[Imc-communication] about the proposal to purge Darwin-imc
http://lists.indymedia.org/pipermail/imc-communication/2006-September/0901-5s.html

- thanks to Cameron, for similar corrections, and a request for Arafura
to speak for itself:
http://lists.indymedia.org/pipermail/imc-arafura/2006-September/0901-31.html

Thanks,
Petros