[New-imc] DRAFT 0.8
sarsnic at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 17:19:50 PDT 2006
I like 0.6 better than either 0.7 or 0.8, but I feel if we are going
to switch to Petros' wording we should to at least be clear that we
now consider neither affiliated so I am adding "be considered
affiliated or" into 5)
PROPOSAL from "New IMC"
We propose to the IMCN, through its liaisons on "imc-process", to accept
this Statement by consensus as a shared understanding of the basis upon
which the work of the new-imc working group should proceed.
STATEMENT OF UNDERSTANDING REGARDING ARAFURA & DARWIN IMC'S:
1) This statement concerns the IMC Darwin collective, who started their
new-imc process in May 2004  and whose membership in the Indy Media
Center Network (IMCN) was accepted by consensus of "IMC process" in July
2004 . The group has entered a severe internal conflict.
2) Two collectives are now based in Darwin, both of which have candidate
status with new-imc.
Their email lists are here:
3) The new-imc working group has been working together with both of them
towards the common goal of each of them being proposed by new-imc to
imc-process as member collectives of the IMCN.
4) The IMC Darwin collective accepted into IMCN membership in 2004 was
never formally "disaffiliated" from the IMCN on imc-process.
5) We are proposing that neither of the collectives with which we are
now working should be considered affiliated or have use of those
things which are contingent upon full membership in the IMCN (such as,
for example, the use of a
".indymedia.org" domain name for their websites) at this time.
More information about the New-imc