[Oscailt] Oscailt and allowing Youtube embedded video to be published
terence010203 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Nov 11 13:55:24 PST 2007
Thanks good news that you find Oscailt okay to use....
I will reply to each point...
1) Adding multiple topics would be quite tricky and would not be easy because it goes right to the heart of the design. You are not the first to want this feature and I am beginning to think it is probably a good idea, but I don't see this happening anytime soon. Perhaps someone can implement it.
2) The time for event probably could be added with some effort, because in the stories table the event_time column is a timestamp field. The reason it was not requested in the form was to simplify things and because if you ask for when it starts, then people will want to put the time the event ends. Also you would get many situations where people do not fill it in, because they have just pasted in some text that has the time anyhow. Then how do you know to default later in the display unless you add some flag to say don't display. Overall though it would be relatively easy to add, but to start adding things like finish time and so on, could begin to get messy.
3) Translation into French. Yes it would be worth posting these to the list.
Bertagaz <bertagaz at ptitcanardnoir.org> wrote: Hi,
Seeing some activites and especially some talks about a new release, I
can't resist to send this mail. :]
IMC nantes did use oscailt for almost a year and is happy with it,
however we would have some feature request that would make us *totally*
We would like to see this ideas implemented:
- ability to put several topics for an article, something like web2.0
tags. Only one topic is sometimes too short.
- We did'nt find how to let people specify time of an event in the
agenda. Puiblishers can put the date, but not the time, or maybe we
just didn't find it.
There are also some strings that we had to look at in the code in order
to translate oscailt public interface in french. So we did patch the
code. I'll try to send soon a list of this words, so that you dev will
be able to put them in the right place :]
Imc nantes thanks all of those who worked and works on oscailt for your
great job anyway :]
| Terence S aurait ecrit :
| Sometime ago, at IMC Irl, we pondered about allowing embedded Youtube video to be published but we worried about allowing users to publish with various HTML tags to do this which would be a big security hole.
| However following an exchange of ideas with Bristol IMC, the folks there came up with the brilliant suggestion of just getting the public to submit the youtube video id (the part after =v as in say http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHXdS9XYVs8 ) and let Oscailt generate the associated embedded HTML.
| Well, I have implemented and tested this and it works fine. Though, it is not yet live on the Irl IMC.
| It is planned to checkin the code changes to CVS in the next few days. Unfortunately over the past 10 months there have been a lot of changes submitted to the Oscailt CVS, and some of these other files would need to be checked out to keep everything compatible. In other words, we really need to do a release.
| BTW, for a list of some recent changes made since Jan 07 to Oct 9th, see the file http://oscailt.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/oscailt/oscailt/releasenotes.txt?revision=1.5
| P.S. The above Youtube is an interview with Richard Heinberg about Peak Oil. It's a great interview.
| For ideas on reducing your carbon footprint visit Yahoo! For Good this month.
| Oscailt mailing list
| Oscailt at lists.indymedia.org
Oscailt mailing list
Oscailt at lists.indymedia.org
Yahoo! Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Tryit now.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Oscailt