[Oscailt] security padlock

Mike Tonks fluffymike at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 3 01:40:46 PDT 2008

Simple - uses a 'Code Box' object:

id="link_<?php echo ($_SERVER['HTTPS'] == on) ? "secure" : "insecure"
?>">security</a>

and in style.css:

#link_secure {style.css (line 852)
background:transparent url(/attachments/sites/site_1/lockclosed.gif)
no-repeat scroll left top;
padding-left:20px;
}
... etc

then in static page 'security' we can have

<?php if ($_SERVER['HTTPS']) { ?>

<h2>Encrypted Page.</h2>

You are viewing this site on an encrypted connection. All data sent to and
from the server is encrypted making if very difficult for anyone to
intercept your communication.

<?php } else { ?>

<h2>WARNING: Unencrypted Page</h2>

You are viewing this site on an Unencrypted Connection. We suggest you use
an encrypted connection for browsing this site. This could potentially allow
a third party to snoop on the data sent to and from the server. To switch to
an encrypted connection, simply <a href="https://<?php echo
$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] ?>/security"> click here.</a> or change http to https
in your browser.

<?php } ?>

mike