[Sfbay-video] Current Posting

Josh Soskin jsoskin at currentmedia.com
Wed Apr 13 17:17:23 PDT 2005

Hey Lisa-- thanks for your feedback, although actually a lot of people in
the bay area do not feel the way you do nor did Mayor Newsome, Mos Def,
Talib Kwali, Sean Penn, Spike Jones, Spearhead, the Youth Speaks poets and
everyone else that was at our event. 5,000 San Franciscans came to support
us because we're trying to do something unprecedented and something that
will be a great thing for filmmakers and viewers alike who are sick of the
"corporate pukey" stuff you're talking about. Our programming will have
little to do with MTV's--they are a music and as of late a celebrity
obsessed network. We are a news and information network with a different
voice and a real opportunity for others to be heard. We are independent
because we are not owned by one of the major corporate conglomerates and
thus can afford to tell different stories than traditional networks. We are
also independent because we're not the only ones making our programming.
We're letting anyone with a camera participate and we're letting other
people decide what they want to see by voting on the submissions. We're
letting anyone who wants to be involved, help make and shape what's on
television. I think that's pretty cool. If you have any more questions, why
don't you email me directly at jsoskin at currentmedia.com or come to the
Current Meetup next Wednesday where you can discuss things like free media,
TV and Current with 80 other filmmakers from SF including myself. Best, Josh

Josh Soskin
Content Coordinator
Current Media

Any email correspondence with Current constitutes your acceptance of the
Current Terms of Use: http://www.current.tv/terms.php.