[Sfbay-video] technician job at bavc
angelo at wholesomegoodness.org
angelo at wholesomegoodness.org
Thu Jan 5 11:37:24 PST 2006
BAVC is looking for a technician. This posting says "Senior Technician"
but we actually have to hire a couple of people right now. There is a
long list of qualifications, most especially real master control
room/dub room experience and troubleshooting of professional editing
systems. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Sr. Technican for Media nonprofit (BAVC) (mission district)
Reply to: job-116836733 at craigslist.org
<mailto:job-116836733 at craigslist.org?subject=Sr.%20Technican%20for%20Media%20nonprofit%20%28BAVC%29%20%28mission%20district%29>
Date: 2005-12-08, 5:02PM PST
The Bay Area Video Coalition (BAVC) is the largest Media Arts nonprofit
in the country and we will be celebrating our 30th anniversary next
year. We provide education in Media Arts and services to the community
to promote independent media. For more information about BAVC and all
our services, please go to www.bavc.org
We are accepting resumes for a Senior Technician until the position is
filled. BAVC is an equal employment opportunity employer. This is a
full-time position with generous benefits and vacation, and a dog
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Acts as the main client technical contact and technical liaison.
- Responsible for addressing and supporting client needs,
troubleshooting systems or delegating troubleshooting tasks to other
- Acts as the primary specialist in Multimedia creation as needed for
offered services : DVD encoding and authoring, Web compression,
compression for archival storage.
- Ensures that BAVC's technical standards are met in all services
provided, including dubbing, edit suite maintenance and setup, master
control room cleanliness and organization, deck and equipment maintenance.
- Ensures that facility resources are used and scheduled appropriately,
reviewing bookings in ScheduAll to spot and correct any resource
conflicts, communicating directly with department schedulers to resolve
conflicts in a timely manner. Reports equipment service needs to
Creative Services Manager.
- As directed by Media Arts Manager, Senior Technician oversees dubbing,
shift report, MCR maintenance, and annual equipment inventory.
- May also be involved with installation and repair of equipment,
technical consultation, train staff and act as operator for
client-related technical services
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- At least 1 year video post production facility experience required
- Knowledge of multimedia creation with Discreet Cleaner, DVD Studio
Pro, Sonic Fusion a plus
- Experience troubleshooting, maintaining and operating non-linear
editing systems and technology
- Experience troubleshooting AVID Media Composer/ Symphony, ProTools,
Final Cut Pro
- Demonstrable knowledge of video signal, tape and deck formats
- Master Control patchbay proficiency
- Broad knowledge of film making and video production
- Demonstrated ability to think independently and exercise discretion in
- Great customer service skills
- MacOS and Windows 2000/XP proficiency
- Ability to communicate effectively to diverse audience
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Strong video technical skills
* Compensation: DOE
* This is at a non-profit organization.
* no -- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job
* no -- Please, no phone calls about this job!
* no -- Please do not contact job poster about other services,
products or commercial interests.
* no -- Reposting this message elsewhere is NOT OK.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Sfbay-video