[RT-Tech] Request Tracker Hosting
alster at indymedia.org
Sat Mar 5 04:38:50 PST 2005
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
as you may have noticed, there's a small team, namely Bertagez and me,
with support of Intrigeri, Micah, Pietro and Damian, who would like to
setup Request Tracker.
Just in case you don't know what that is...
"RT is an enterprise-grade ticketing system which enables a group of
people to intelligently and efficiently manage tasks, issues, and
requests submitted by a community of users."
To make this happen, we're looking for a place to host it. This should
be a server which
- - does NOT run any mission critical Indymedia services (which could not
be tracked via RT if the server was down)
- - runs FreeBSD or any Linux distro
- - runs or can run Perl 5.8.3
- - runs or can run MySQL 4.0.x or Postgres 7.3
- - runs or can run Apache 1.3.x or 2.x
- - runs a mail server (MTA) with TLS support
- - preferrably but not neccessarily has a spare IP address so that RT can
be set up to run via HTTPS (we can just use a different port, though)
Both server load and traffic caused by RT should be very little, as it
will not be used too widely. Providing sudo access, at least while
setting it up, would be nice.
Do you think that the server you admin qualifies for this and has
sufficient space left? Please give us a shout at
rt-tech at lists.indymedia.org
Thanks for your support in advance, we need it!
Info & GPG key at http://docs.indymedia.org/view/Main/AlsteR
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.5 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the SoS