[www-features] Re: iraq proposal

clara clara at ifrik.org
Thu Sep 23 01:11:14 PDT 2004

hi sunny,

if these women are part of a bigger activist scene, and if people who
read and work with Indymedia are likely to know them, then I think it's
a good idea to make more of a feature on them, and about the situation
of NGOs and their volunteers in Iraq and Afghanistan.

In such a context, I don't mind pointing to questions raised of their
kidnapping, and to the appeal. Just don't make that the main issue of
the feature.

Are people in the US aware that Doctors without Borders withdrew from
Afghanistan, where they have been throughout Sowjet occupation and the
Thaliban, because now - since the US army invaded - it is a place that
is even too unsafe for them?

love and solidarity
clara