[www-features] Fw: youtube video on indymedia?

ekes ekes at riseup.net
Wed Mar 19 16:51:56 PDT 2008

Bradley Stuart wrote:
> hi, thanks, but please upload the video directly to UK-IMC,
> Indybay.org, or some other non-corporate website.
> On Mar 19, 2008, at 4:04 PM, Paul Maple wrote:
>
>> we have just produced a 15 minute video report on the demonstartion
>> on saturday in london, uk
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cSDimvFYVU
>>
>> the video file is over 20 mb
>>
>> is there any way indymedia can make use of a youtube video?

I'm guessing this ended up on www-features because of a 20Mb limit - I
know IMC UK has one for http uploads.

For IMC UK you can upload the file using FTP and then publish the video
the help is http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/static/help-ftp.html

It's not quite as easy as uploading to YouTube - yet, but all help is
part of the change! If you really can't find an indy host archive.org
and maybe blip.tv are currently less evil than YouTube.